Curate your unique event at our urban Encinitas Farm
Choose from one of three DIY venues with capacity ranging from 10-250.
South Barn ("SoBa")
Enjoy the sunshine amidst our active production fields or bring in the sunset under glimmering market lights. Includes a grassy lawn and lower mulch area. Capacity: 250.
Cultivate joy in this playful area equipped with a stage, market lights, and picnic tables. Great for groups looking for an intimate setting immersed in the heart of the Farm. Capacity: 100.
Nestled in our Education Farm and Gardens, this open layout space engulfs you in the great outdoors and allows for a multitude of creative set ups. Capacity: 200.
Food and Catering Policy
Coastal Roots Farm is part of the wider Leichtag Commons community where we welcome individuals and groups of all backgrounds for various programs and events including friends, neighbors, and organizations who observe Kashrut (Jewish dietary law).
We also recognize animal agriculture as a leading driver for climate change, contributing 57% of food’s greenhouse gas emissions.
In order to accommodate our pluralistic community and to be the best possible land stewards, the Farm’s Food and Catering Policy adheres to the Leichtag Commons Kashrut Policy as well as a DefaultVeg strategy in which we will default to plant-based meals as part the larger County of San Diego Climate Action Plan.
Food must always be vegetarian or pescatarian (no poultry, red meat, pork, or shellfish permitted). Additionally, we request use of compostable products (view Dinnerware Guide below).
Food and Catering Options
- Option 1: Bring your own food and drinks.
- Option 2: Coordinate with a local restaurant or catering company, prepared off the Farm.
- Option 3: Work with Leichtag Foundation's on-site caterer.
- Option 4: Experience a private chef catered meal, prepared on the Farm.
Waste, recycling, and compost bins will be provided.
Each space holds approximately 10 picnic-style benches that may be utilized free of charge.
Add-on Rental Options
- Belly Bar Tables w/ Tablecloths
- Folding Farm Chairs
- Space Heaters
- Small Event Package Audio 1 Speaker/Stand + 1 Mic
- Medium Event Package Audio 2 Speakers/Stands + 2 Mics + Mixer
Please inquire about additional audio offerings to fit your needs beyond the offered packages.
We specialize in events for nonprofit and corporate groups and Jewish organizations. Read below for some additional parameters:
What events are permitted?
- Meetings, retreats, programs, events, fundraisers, dinners, festivals, and conferences
What events are NOT permitted?
- Private parties (i.e. anniversary, birthday, bachelor)
- Life cycle events (i.e. wedding, memorial, baby shower)
- Overnight activities
Do you rent out spaces every day of the week?
- We do not hold events on Friday nights or Saturdays.
- Coastal Roots Farm is a pluralistic Jewish community farm welcoming people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities. Although we are a secular (non a religious) organization, we were founded on Jewish social, environmental, and food justice values and practices which we believe can be applied universally to benefit the land and community. These values and practices inform how we grow produce, share belongings, treat neighbors, observe the passing of time, celebrate and improve, care for plants and animals, and create a vibrant, welcoming community. One of these practices is keeping Shabbat, the Jewish day of rest on the seventh day of the week (i.e. from Friday night to Saturday night). To uphold the spirit of Shabbat, it has been our policy to refrain from working or participating in work-related events on Friday nights and Saturdays.
Corporate Partnership Benefits
We work with corporate partners that share our passion for food justice, regenerative agriculture, and Jewish tradition. As a thank you, we offer benefits to our Corporate Partners, one of which is hosting Private Events at the Farm. To learn more about the benefits of partnering with Coastal Roots Farm, see our Corporate Partner Benefits.
I recently hosted a community event on Coastal Roots Farm and it truly was an awesome experience. In particular, Jessica on their events team made the process feel organized and always offered quick answers to any questions I had leading up to event. The Coastal Roots team is incredibly accommodating and solution-oriented, not to mention kind, and I'd definitely recommend the venue to others looking for a place to host a unique event at a one-of-a-kind venue. Thank you, Coastal Roots team!
- Brooke Oleynick (Founder, Elevate Collaborative)
Thank you for creating a warm, memorable experience with your hospitality. We had a wonderful experience from beginning to end, our volunteers loved being at the farm – it’s an important place in Encinitas history – and I’m looking forward to hosting more events there with you.
- Jon Van Cleef (CEO, Community Resource Center)