COUNSELOR IN TRAINING PROGRAM: Leadership Development Experience
Especially for 6th-8th grade student leaders interested in climate activism and gaining leadership skills.
Gain valuable leadership and work experience by being a Counselor in Training (CIT). Develop skills in communication and teamwork, foster patience, and take on responsibilities that impact the lives of our younger “Farmers-in-Training.” CITs will work directly with Farm Educators in skill building and will have special time dedicated daily to support Farm Camp programs.
Some CITs use their experience to fulfill community service requirements for school or extracurricular clubs. Students enthusiastic about the environment, nature, leadership development, Jewish learning, and/or mentoring preferred.
CIT Roles and Responsibilities:
- Make new friends while developing leadership skills, resourcefulness, team building, and a connection to nature
- Learn about farm skills and Jewish tradition
- Help create a friendly and FUN environment for “Farmers-in-Training” grades K-5
- Develop clear and concise communication by delivering Farm Camp programs
- Practice patience through mentorship of younger campers
Partial scholarships readily available!
Counselor-in-Training sessions are available during all seasonal camps but not After School on the Farm.
Scholarships available upon request before registration.
Before and After-Care available: $10 per child per hour, rounded to the nearest 15 minutes (invoiced at the end of each Camp session).
Cancellations made between 4-8 weeks prior to the first date of the session are eligible for full or partial refund minus a processing fee. All cancellations are eligible for future Farm Camp credit to be used within 12 months of cancellation. See our detailed policy and tiered refund calendar.
If the Registration form is full, please fill out our Waitlist form.
CIT Registration and Pricing
Counselor-in-Training spots are available during all of our Seasonal Farm Camps!
*CIT sessions are $190 per week except for shorter sessions. Ask about our scholarships and sibling discounts!
All Seasonal Camps run from 9am - 3pm
Summer Break Camp (CIT):
- Session 1: June 12-June 16
- Session 2: June 19-June 23 (No camp June 19: $152)
- Session 3: June26-June 30
- Session 4: July 3-July 7 (Half-day camp; 9am-1pm, No camp July 4: $100)*
- Session 5: July 10-July 14
- Session 6: July 17-July 21
- Session 7: July 24-July 28
- Session 8: July 31-August 4
- Session 9: August 7-August 11
- Session 10: August 14-August 18 (Half-day camp; 9am-1pm: $125)*