COUNSELOR IN TRAINING PROGRAM: Leadership Development Experience
Especially for 6th-8th grade student leaders interested in climate activism and gaining leadership skills.
Gain valuable leadership and work experience by being a Counselor in Training (CIT). Develop skills in communication and teamwork, foster patience, and take on responsibilities that impact the lives of our younger “Farmers-in-Training.” CITs will work directly with Farm Educators in skill building and will have special time dedicated daily to support Farm Camp programs.
Some CITs use their experience to fulfill community service requirements for school or extracurricular clubs. Students enthusiastic about the environment, nature, leadership development, Jewish learning, and/or mentoring preferred.
CIT Roles and Responsibilities:
- Make new friends while developing leadership skills, resourcefulness, team building, and a connection to nature
- Learn about farm skills and Jewish tradition
- Help create a friendly and FUN environment for “Farmers-in-Training” grades K-5
- Develop clear and concise communication by delivering Farm Camp programs
- Practice patience through mentorship of younger campers
CIT Registration and Pricing
Counselor-in-Training spots are available during all of our Seasonal Farm Camps!
*CIT sessions are $120 per week except for shorter sessions. Ask about our scholarships and sibling discounts!
All Seasonal Camps run from 9am - 3pm
- November 20-22, Monday - Wednesday
- January 2-5, Tuesday - Friday
- Session 1 March 25-29
- Session 2 April 1-5
We also offer an After School on the Farm program!
Partial scholarships readily available!
Counselor-in-Training sessions are available during all seasonal camps but not After School on the Farm.
Scholarships available upon request before registration.
Extended Care is available at an additional fee for all Seasonal Farm Camp sessions:
- Hours: 7:30 am-9:00 am
- Flat rate fee of $40 per week.
- Hours: 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Flat rate fee of $50 per week.
- If utilizing both Before & Aftercare
- Receive a discount on the total cost, with a flat rate fee of $80 per week.
- Fees are applied regardless of the length of time extended care is utilized.
- Your credit card will be charged the week following each session your camper is attending.
- A late fee of $1 per minute is applied to pick-ups after 5 pm (invoiced the week following each session your camper is attending).
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR EXTENDED CARE
Cancellations made between 4-8 weeks prior to the first date of the session are eligible for a full or partial refund minus a processing fee. See our detailed policy and tiered refund calendar.