EQUITABLE FOOD ACCESS
Each year, we grow more than 80,000 pounds of food and donate more than 70% of our harvest to San Diegans facing food insecurity.
Our priority populations include low-income seniors and families, Holocaust survivors, active-duty military and veteran families, Latinx families, and Indigenous/Native families.
We maximize our impact by partnering with organizations and groups reaching these populations directly:
- Community Resource Center
- Helping Hand Worldwide
- Iipay Nation of Santa Ysabel
- Jewish Family Service
- Mercy Housing's Cantebria Senior Homes
- San Diego American Indian Health Center
- St. Andrew's Episcopal Church Food Pantry
- Vista Community Clinic
Additionally, Coastal Roots Farm’s on-site pay-what-you-can Farm Stand reaches thousands of community members each year.
Our comprehensive environmental education programs reach up to 9,000 students and children including more than 50% of students and campers who come on scholarship each year. Youth of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities experience hands-on learning through School and Group Visits, Farm Camp, After School on the Farm, and Nature Play.
We strive to make outdoor STEM learning opportunities available to all, especially those who have been historically underserved, with an emphasis on Title-I, Title-V, and low-income schools and groups to participate in the Farm’s programming on a sliding scale and to establish robust strategic partnerships.
Our education partners include:
- Carlsbad Unified School District reaching all TK and 4th grade students
- Cal State University San Marcos
- Ecke Family YMCA
- Escondido Union School District reaching all 4th grade students
- Fallbrook School District
- Friendship Circle
- Girl Scouts
- High Tech High School
- Mira Costa College
- San Diego County Office of Education
- San Diego State University
- San Marcos Elementary School
- University of California San Diego
- And 140+ schools throughout San Diego County
Each year we welcome over 2,000 neighbors of all faiths and backgrounds at Jewish agricultural festival and other Community Events connecting people to the land, Jewish tradition, and each other.
Our Jewish institution partners include: