Coastal Roots Farm invites people of all backgrounds to Earth Day on the Farm on Sunday, April 18 from 11am-3pm.
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day marks the anniversary of the modern environmental movement started in the year 1970. Earth Day is a cohesive, diverse movement that encourages individuals aid in creating large-scale environmental changes locally, nationally, and globally. This years theme is “Restore the Earth” which focuses on innovative thinking to restore the world’s resources. At Coastal Roots Farm, we aim to “Restore the Earth” by prioritizing techniques that build and maintain soil and sequester carbon, not just to grow great food but also to contribute toward a solution for the larger problem of climate change.
Earth Day on the Farm
This COVID-safe event will feature:
- Four different volunteer project opportunities especially for young adults and adults (sign up for the hour that interests you the most! Limited capacity per time-slot. Activities subject to change depending on status of each project.)
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Potting summer crops
- 12:00-1:00pm: Weeding and spreading mulch
- 1:00-2:00pm: Strawberry transplanting
- 2:00-3:00pm: Nature Play Mud Kitchen Build Project
- Nature Play design/brainstorm and crafts for kids (young guests will still be able to join in on the fun!)
- Optional Food Forest tours (available to guests coming at the 11:00am, 12:00pm, and 1:00pm time slots only)