The cycle of agriculture requires that we continually regenerate, repair, and renew in order to grow. Likewise, the Hebrew month of Tishrei, often referred to as the “month of beginning,” is the first month of the Jewish year and reminds us that such renewal is possible at the human level too: with each new year, we reflect where we have been and where we’re going so that we may begin again with intention.
The month of Tishrei encompasses the Jewish holidays known as “the chaggim (holidays)” – Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, and Simchat Torah. The start of the month is marked by the sliver of a new moon that grows increasingly bright with each passing day.
Embracing the light of our beloved Sukkot Harvest Festival, Coastal Roots Farm’s first-ever Tishrei Ag Fest will also elevate these other holidays and invite us to kick off the joyous and regenerative beginning of this Jewish year.
Tishrei Ag Fest 2023
A purposeful alternative to our Sukkot Harvest Festival!
Sunday, September 10th from 10am-2pm
Suggested donation: $20/adult, $10/child
Renew your relationship with yourself, your community, and the natural world. Delight in activities that combine tradition, community, and nature:
- Holiday activities, food workshops, and panel discussion: Explore modern interpretations of traditional Tishrei customs and gain insights into their timeless teachings
- Yoga and meditation: Take a break from the bustling festivities as you reflect on new beginnings
- Kids’ Zone: Immerse yourself in the joy of the holidays through hands-on activities, especially for our young (and young-at-heart) guests!
- Pay-what-you-can Farm Stand: Shop seasonal regeneratively-grown produce
- Live Music: Nathan and Jessie
- Local food and drink
No way! Coastal Roots Farm welcomes and encourages people of all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to Tishrei Ag Fest and all programs and events! We make Jewish practices and traditions that are thousands of years old relevant lessons for today and connect people to compelling Jewish ideas through farming and food. We strive to make Coastal Roots Farm a Jewish farm for everyone.
This year’s Tishrei Ag Fest will feature Tara's Luscious Cheats, Ms. Kim's Kitchen & More, Maribel & Oliva Cocina, Sabor Piri Piri, Luv Mylk, and Populist Pops available for purchase. Additionally, Libation Station (21+) will feature Pure Project and Local Roots. Guests are also welcome to bring their own food.
With special thanks to our festival sponsors: