Coastal Roots Farm invites all people to our annual Food Forest Festival in honor of Tu B'Shvat, the Jewish New Year of Trees. This year's festival theme is "Exploring Shmita through Shrubs, Shrooms, and Soil."
Together, we celebrate the "New Year of the Trees" by taking care of the trees in our Food Forest and learning how to combat climate change. Community members from all backgrounds and ages are welcome and encouraged to join in the festivities!
This year’s Tu B’Shvat Festival will include:
- Hands-on activities for all ages: Food Forest tree maintenance, climate education, and more!
- Kids Zone filled with Tu B’Shvat themed crafts, stories, and microscope activities
- Tasty food and drinks from local vendors Sabor Piri-Piri, Hangry Louies, Elas Crepes, and Donuts, Hello
- A Libation Station for our 21+ friends featuring JuneShine and Helia Brewing
- Food Forest Tours showcasing chickens, silvopastures, and microclimates
- Live Music by Coral Bells
- Activities from our partners at the IAC, Shalom Baby, and Camp Mountain Chai
- Fresh, organic produce available at our pay-what-you-can Farm Stand
Tickets are a suggested donation of $18 per adult, $9 per child. Masks required.