Tu B'Shvat Food Forest Festival
“Enter the Forest” during Coastal Roots Farm’s 8th Annual Tu B’Shvat Food Forest Festival.
Tu B’Shvat is the Jewish New Year of the Trees which reminds us of our responsibility to care for them and the natural world.
Trees rely on what is beneath the surface: the soil, and their roots, and a magical community of microorganisms to help them thrive.
This year, join us in the “understory” where we will dive deeper into what’s hidden from view and explore how even the smallest cells are connected. From them, we can learn how even our smallest actions are needed to protect our earth.
Sneak peek of this year’s Tu B’Shvat Festival activities and vendors:
- Hands-on activities for all ages: Food Forest tree maintenance, climate education, and more!
- Kids Zone filled with Tu B’Shvat themed crafts, stories, and microscope activities
- Tasty food and drinks from local vendors Sabor Piri-Piri and Hangry Louies
- A Libation Station for our 21+ friends featuring Local Roots and Pure Brewing.
- Food Forest Tours showcasing chickens, silvopastures, and microclimates
- Live Music by Nathan & Jessie
- Activities from our partners at the Chabad Encinitas, SDJA, Shalom Baby, Friendship Circle, and Eden Village Camp
- Fresh, organic produce available at our pay-what-you-can Farm Stand
More details to come!
We invite you to support our 2023 Tu B'Shvat Food Forest Festival. For more information on sponsoring Coastal Roots Farm, see our Festival Sponsorship Benefits.
Tickets are a suggested donation of $18 per adult, $9 per child.